These steps will help you E-file your form successfully.
Please follow these instructions to assist you with E-filing your tax forms.
Our E-file system is powered by a 3rd party vendor named Nelco and is only available to E-file W-2, 1099-MISC, and 1099-NEC Forms.
After you have created and completed your tax form, if you have a FormSwift subscription, you will see a gray E-file button on the top right corner of your document. Once you click on that E-file button it will bring you to a new screen, where you will need to fill out the "Required Information For E-Filing" form, which will then be used as a part of the E-filing process with FormSwift. If you don't see this E-file button on your W2, 1099-MISC, or 1099-NEC, jump to the bottom of this article.
After filling out the "Required Information For E-Filing" information, select "Continue to efile" and you will see the User License Agreement, which you will need to agree to in order to proceed with E-filing your tax form. The next screen will show the name of the recipient on your tax form and there will be a check mark next to their name.
You will also need to select a filing option according to your filing needs from the menu on the far left side of your screen, listed under Bundles or A La Carte Services. After you have selected your bundle, you can click on either of the "Next" buttons located at the top or bottom of your screen to proceed with E-filing your tax form.
Next you will have the option to enter the recipient's email address if you would like their tax form copies to be emailed to them. If you do not want the recipient to receive their copies via email, you can leave that field blank and click on the "Next" button to proceed.
Then you will be taken to your cart, where you will see the recipient's name listed again. If you have more tax forms you need to E-file, you can leave the current tax form there in your cart and open a new tab for FormSwift, then go to your recent documents and click on the name of your next tax form, which will bring it up on your screen and allow you to proceed with the same E-filing process you completed for your first tax form. You will need to do this until you have clicked the Gray E-File button on each of your tax forms and until you see all of them listed in your cart.
Once you have all of your tax forms in your cart, you will need to add your credit card, as E-Filing is a separate service and transaction that is not included with your FormSwift Subscription. Once you have added your credit card, you can click on "Pay and Submit" and you will then see confirmation that you have successfully E-filed your tax forms and you will also be given the option to print your payment receipt, as well as your tax form filing summary and tax form copies. You will also receive a confirmation email.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you need further assistance with this process.
If your W2, 1099-MISC, or 1099-NEC do not have a grey E-file button that looks like the below
it may be due to the following reasons:
- You are not logged in your FormSwift account. The E-file feature is only available to FormSwift account users with an active subscription. If you are not logged in an active account, you may not have this option. Easiest way to check if you are logged in is to check the top right corner of your screen when you visit FormSwift. If it does not list the option to "Log out", you are most likely not signed in.
- Your account is not on an active subscription. If you are signed in your FormSwift account, but the E-file button does not show on your W2, 1099-MISC, or 1099-NEC, it may be because you are not on an active subscription.
- If you used to have a FormSwift subscription and would like to reactivate your account, you can click into the "Account Settings" tab and choose an option there.
- If you've never had a FormSwift subscription before, simply choose the available export button on your W2, 1099-MISC, and 1099-NEC to proceed to sign up.
- If you have a paid account, AND are signed in, but still do not see the E-file options on your W2, 1099-MISC, or 1099-NEC - you may be using the incorrect form. To choose the correct form to E-file, simply choose the desired documents listed in the banner you should see on the "My documents" page.
Alternatively, you can visit the "Document Library" tab and search for the desired document. Please note that the version of W2, 1099-MISC, or 1099-NEC that has E-filing capabilities will contain the word "Efile" in the document name.
- For example, between "1099-NEC Efile 2021" and "1099-NEC Form 2021", the former is the version that will have the E-file option, while the latter is the PDF version of the form